This post follows on from my post Assessing student blogs.
I created a blog entry and asked students to write their own blog entry using mine as a model. Here’s my model below. Any comments or suggestions as a model blog post are of course welcome. There are 6 points about this blog entry I pointed out to students:
- The topic
- The title, where I found it and a link to the original article.
- Flesh out some detail of the topic – the “what?”
- and of the people referred to in it – the “who?” – with links to resource websites (in this case Wikipedia in English and Japanese) so that readers who are unfamiliar with the names or references can find out more about them.
- Two key points of the article.
- A personal comment, in this case implying why I selected this article.
My blog today is about sport. It is about tennis.
I found this news article on the BBC website. The title is “Sharapova and Mauresmo go through”.
It is about the Wimbledon tennis championship, which is taking place now. Wimbledon (in Japanese here) is a suburb of London, and it is famous for the Wimbledon tennis championship (in Japanese here) which takes place there every year in June.
The article says that Sharapova beat the French player Severine Bremond 6-0 6-3, so she is still in the championship. Her next game will be against the Japanese player Ai Sugiyama.
I like tennis. I used to play when I was younger. I used to watch
Wimbledon on television every year.